Monday, October 1, 2007

Walk 90 minutes per day for 120 days

Out of the last four days I have walked for 90 minutes twice. I don't get any credit toward my goals unless I walk 90 minutes per day for 120 days in a row. So it takes a lot of discipline. This is a goal I really want to acomplish, though the reasons have slightly changed since I have taken a few stabs at trying to accomplish it.

I put it on the list because I know that walking is a great way to louse weight. Plus it takes discipline to devote that much time during the day to walking. Though I have realized that there are some psychological and spiritual benefits to walking that I hadn't thought of. Ever since I was in Middle School I have always done my best thinking while walking.

Todays walk was awesome. I prayed for the first 20 or Thirty minutes which was great. It was wonderful to get some things off my chest. I have been trying to come to grips with my uncertainty about this woman I like and have been trying to grow in my faith that God will take care of it.

Many times I don't believe that God will answer certain prays I pray. Like to get married or for my car to not run out of gas. So it was great to think about Gods love for me and think about how as my father he wants to provide for me and how he is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine.

So today walk was great, I really hope that will inspire me to make the time to walk for the next 119 days.

[Update I was not able to make time to walk on Tuesday so I am back to needing 120 days.]

No comments: