Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2 Dates, Wicked and Some Wicked Traffic


So this weekend was a weekend greatly consumed by dates and a 15 big rig pile up on the 5 freeway. The first thing I heard about on Saturday morning was a big accident on the Freeway and how part of it might have collapsed. All day that was the major topic of conversation everywhere I went. The traffic prevented met from helping my friend Rob move and made caused major delays most everywhere I tried to go. It took about 35 or 40 minutes to drive 5 miles. It was extremely frustrating to me until I realized that God would take care of it all and in the end everything worked out.

It also caused some major changes in my plans for my date on Saturday. But it seemed like God must have had other plans then mine because every thing work out great, even though from my perspective things got messes up. We ended up going to this amazing Indian food place and then we drove down to the Valley. We ended up just walking around but I felt very taken care of by God and I had a lot of fun with my date. I got to Chat with here which can be weird for me but it was cool. Plus we went over to borders which is fun for me because I love books and words.

Then Sunday we where still suffering from some traffic problems, but we made pretty good time to get down to meet with my buddy Charles in North Hollywood after church. Once we got to North Hollywood Charles drove. His plan was that we take the subway to Hollywood then go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles before we saw Wicked. Which turned out to be one of Tabitha's(my date's) favorite places to eat. It is a great soul food place that has some fantastic Waffles. The one in Pasadena also has fantastic Red Beans and Rice but the where only ok at the Hollywood location.

After that we walked around Hollywood for a while. We went to Ameboa and then went to the Lottery at wicked. It was kind of tense for me because I didn't bring my ID so I was worried we would not win. Though it worked out cool because Stephanie won to Tickets for her and Charles then Tabitha and myself where able to buy some tickets on the side for a reduced price. Though I felt kind of embarrassed because the side tickets where $40 more than the front row seats so Charles and I didn't have enough money so we had to borrow some from the girls. Which help me to be humble and ask for help.

While we where walking around and waiting for the Lottery I had a lot of time to talk to my Tabitha and learn about her. We have gone to church together for several years but I hadn't really hung out with her too much so it was cool to learn about her and her family better. I had a great time making a better friend which is the whole reason for the 100 dates goal. Plus it is fun to get out of the house.

So it was really one of the most amazing weekends and it helped me to get closer to the 100 dates, helped me to get closer to God and to be able to cross seeing Wicked off my list of goals.

No comments: