Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Joy of Acomplishment

Today is day 31st day of my 1001 day project. Things are moving right along. The main thing that I am getting out of this project is the knowledge that it feels wonderful to be accomplishing things.

A lot of times I can look back at years past and think not a lot has happened. So often I will settle for spending my time watching TV and surfing the internet for hours and hours. Not really doing any thing very fun or productive. It seems like even when I am spending time with my friends life is kind of just wasting away, like sand through an hour glass. Even at work, being in sales, there is never a point when you are done. Even when you are having a great month and are doing way better than your goal you still need to sell more.

So it is nice to have these clear cut goals, where once they get crossed off the list (or even when just part is done) I get a great feeling of accomplishment. Today I spent some time trying to catch up on my bible reading and when I was able to update the blog from 8 days completed to 11 it was amazing.

That said I am hoping to get a lot done in the next few days. I want to have my room cleaned today and start the process of keeping it clean for a month. Plus I am going to walk for 90 minutes today so today may be the first day of crossing everything off of my To Do list. I also want to try and watch 3 of the Academy Award Best Pictures Winners(AABPW) by Sunday night. Speaking of that I have 2 of my 100 dates scheduled for this weekend one of witch involves watching an AABPW. So I will write about how the dates went on Monday. Plus I want to have my board game and CD collection lists done by tomorrow afternoon. So hopefully the "Goals Done or In Progress" section of my blog will be much longer in a few days.

No comments: