Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 50 Update

My goals have become a very significant part of my life. I have been trying to acomplish as many as possible as as quickly as possible. So far I have only accomplished 7 of the 101. From the perspective of accomplishing a certain number of goals per day I am still ahead of schedule. Though there is a certain since that I am mostly accomplishing the goals that are easiest to acomplish. Plus I am not even doing all of the easy to acomplish ones that quickly. So as time progresses we will see how things go.

I feel that I will be a completely different person at the end of the 1001 days. From one perspective it seems totally natural because 1001 days is a long time. Though it seems like it is more significant than that. I think the goals are a coming of age process. It feels like I am becoming a man through these goals. Which may seem weird since I am already 30 but like some other men I know I don't fully feel like I have become an adult yet. It may be do to the fact that I don't have kids but it also seems to be a lack of accomplishment. I think of the quote from Braveheart, "All men die but not all men truly live." It seems like seeing God help me acomplish my goals and striving to do great things is helping me to live like a man.

No comments: