Saturday, November 24, 2007

Life of a Non-drinker

So in the past 8 days I have had several opportunities not to drink. The way I see it is that I am only really exercising my goal of not drinking for 365 days at times when I would normally drink but have to choose not to. This combined with the fact that I was hanging out with some family that are alcoholics and the way the talk about alcohol is completely different than the way I fell about it. The where mentioning how they can't see the point in drinking only one drink. I know that food has a similar pull to me. Only recently have I seen any pleasure in portion control or self restraint. But last night is was slightly a bummer to not drink even though I all of my friends had a beer and I would have had one or two and it would have been a good time. But in the long run I feel better that I am accomplishing this goal and fulfilling a commitment I made.

No comments: